The list below of the 15 promises we receive when we pray the rosary may sound old fashioned or religious at first glance, but if you look at them you will see how truly amazing they are. What this list means in essence is that we are promised relief from suffering; we are promised peace, enlightenment, guarantee into heaven; we receive everything we ask for as long as it is for our highest good.
The group that follows St. Dominic (the Dominican Order) find that they are relieved from suffering when they pray the rosary. I have found an enormous benefit in that way since I began last August as well. I personally find that the power is greatly enhanced when I focus on the words and the mysteries in the way I describe on my blog post Visualization of Heaven on Earth using the Mysteries of the Rosary, which feels really wonderful.
As part of our Heaven on Earth project I am praying the rosary with the intent that all of the souls receive these promises. Since the intent of the project is relief from suffering for everyone everywhere I am asking for everyone to benefit from my prayers. Intent, as a tool, is very powerful. I have seen that clearly in my work with NAET. Many people are noticing that more and more in their lives and many books are written about this.
If the above sounds "too good to be true" remember that anything imagined and asked for is absolutely possible. "Ask and You Shall Receive" is a law of the universe talked about in scripture and some recent popular books. So why not ask for the ultimate?
The Fifteen Promises of Mary Granted to those who Pray the Rosary
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
If you decide to pray the rosary, do it out of enjoyment and not obligation. I promise you that you will receive more than you realize at first glance. Enjoy!